Greece has always been on the top of my travel list because of it's unique whitewashed walls and bright blue rooftops. I love all white themes with pops of color.
Some fun facts about Mykonos:
1. There are not very many taxis on the island. AT ALL. I would recommend renting a car or ATV to get around. We opted for the car for the safety factor.
2. In the winter, it snows in Mykonos.. sometimes. Crazy right?? Imagine this beautiful little Cycladic island covered in snow.
3. Locals tend to cut tourists off on the road.. (with good reason because we tend to drive a lot slower) and it is extremely rude to honk. Be prepared to get the middle finger if you do. :)
4. Renting a car is very easy! Just remember to put on the E-brake so it doesn't roll off a cliff. Seriously though. There is no "park" function.
5. DO NOT DRINK THE TAP WATER. According to our host "you will die". Ok probably not - but you don't want to spend the entire trip on the toilet.
6. Meats, cheeses and olives are a regular part of breakfast! and lunch.. and dinner.. and with wine.. basically anytime. I need this to be my life.
7. SPF 6 exists there. So if you get sunburned easily and need a little more protection bring a GENEROUS supply of sunblock.. It was hard for us to find anything higher than SPF 40.
We stayed at the Mykonos Star on the Northeast part of the island and there was a beautiful little secluded beach just below.
What I wouldn't give to have breakfast with this view every day!
I'm glad we stayed at a hotel outside of Mykonos Town for the peace and serenity. However, this cute little town is definitely worth exploring. I couldn't get enough of these picture perfect cobblestone streets.
The second night there I had a bad case of jet lag and slept for about 2 hours total. At 6am we decided to make the most out of it and drove out to see the sunrise.